Human mtDNA Haplogroup
Track by Variant profiles
fragments/ full mtGenome
Conserved Region Map
for primer/ probe design
"High-resolution haplogroup classification tool designed for ancient DNA samples"
An mtDNA haplogrouping application specifically designed
for ancient DNA or severely degraded DNA samples: High-resolution mtDNA haplogroup prediction
using small fragmented control region
(CR) sequences, straightforward tracking for confirmation or sub-haplogrouping by narrowing and differentiating highly
and conserved region mapping for successful primer design.
High Accuracy using Control-region sequences
Highly accurate prediction of HG using CR or HV region sequence fragments.
- Using a novel algorithm based on PhyloTree definitions and our scoring system built with big data of haplotypes (n=118,869)
- Extensively evaluated with 54,538 CR sequence samples comparing with HaploGrep 2.
A novel HG-tracking solution
It was established through repeated blind simulation tests
- Inputs sequence fragments via a unique user-friendly interface
- Minimizes the number of tests for HG tracking by narrowing down the predicted HGs by the integration of HGs to their MRCAs
- Proposes differential variants between HGs
- Re-tracks with the fragments of proposed variants to confirm the HGs or to track sub-haplogroups
- 'HG tracking by fragment variant profiles' for variant profile input instead of sequences once the sample fragments are sequenced and their variants are extracted using the main tool.
- 'Conserved region mapping tool for primer design' to secure successful PCR that is necessary to obtain additional sequences for further tracking.
- 'HG database' to explore Phylotree HGs and their sub-haplogroups with their defining variant profiles.
- 'Differntiation between HGs' to find differential variant information among user-inputted HGs.
- QC tools: analysis of potential artificial recombination (included in main tools) and potential phantom mutants in a dataset
- Variant format conversion tool for Phlyotreee, MitoTool, HaploGrep 2, and EMPOP
- Major HG-specific variants